Plug and play miniature rotary actuator/shutter with integrated switch-mode driver
- Very small size. Measures only 21(W) x 20(H) x 16(D) mm, including protruding shaft. Fits easily into today's
ultra compact systems
- Ready to operate, right out of the box. Just screw it on the baseplate, connect power/signal and you are
ready to go.
- When used as a safety shutter and powered via the scanners' PSU, the NanoAct will turn off and block the
beam in case of a scanner power failure.
- Wide operating voltage, from 9VDC up to 32VDC, thanks to the built in switch-mode driver.
- Linear operation. The driver accepts analog commands (0-5V) rotating the flag proportionally to the input.
- Very low power consumption. Drawing only a few milliamperes, it does not disturb the system PSU when
- 3-wire or 2-wire operation. The input is internally protected and can be directly connected to the supply
voltage. This transforms the NanoAct to a 2-wire actuator, for use in existing setups with relay or open
The advantage is that the switch mode driver will supply the correct current to the coil irrespectively of the
power supply voltage, where in a normal actuator the user has to provide the supply voltage the actuator
was designed for.
- Built-in end stops, limit the rotation of the flag and provide accurate on and off points.
- Customization. We have already customized with bidirectional operation, longer shafts, wider/longer flags
etc, thanks to our customers' creative ideas !
Pictured on the right, is a typical beam deflection setup, at 45deg to the laser beam. For this purpose, or for blocking high power lasers, we can supply the NanoAct with a dielectric mirror attached on the flag.
The proportional operation provides the ability to fade-in/out (or even crossfade) the effects, instead of just turning them on/off.
Operating voltage.............9VDC - 32VDC
Rotation Angle....................40 degrees
Power consumption..........0,85W (35mA @ 24VDC)
Flag material.......................Aluminium, natural color